At Physics - Science, Society and Policy from University of Ottawa research facilities are shared between the two campuses. Students have access to the professors, courses and facilities at both universities; however, they must enroll at the “home university” of the thesis supervisor.
Students at Physics - Science, Society and Policy from University of Ottawa will gain knowledge in:
- High energy physics
- Biological physics
- Medical physics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Solid State Physics
- Type I & II Superconductors
- Advanced Topics in Medical Physics
- Physics of Macromolecules
- Physics, Chemistry and Characterization of Mineral Systems
- Computational Methods in Material Sciences
- Semiconductor Physics
- Optical Properties
- Physics of Fiber Optic Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics Sociology View 54 other Masters in Physics in Canada
- Be the holder of a bachelor’s degree with a specialization, or a major in physics (or equivalent) with a minimum average of 70% (B).
- Demonstrate a good academic performance as shown by official transcripts, research reports, abstracts or any other documents demonstrating research skills.
- A letter of intent outlining your career goals and proposed research area.
- We recommend that you contact potential thesis supervisors early. To register, you need to be accepted by a thesis supervisor.
- International students must show proof of funding in the form of a supervisor stipend and a combination of scholarships and/or in-trust accounts.
- A good knowledge of either English or French and good ability to write in English is required.
- 2 Recommendation letters
International16980 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8490 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4912 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2456 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.