We offer a master degree in Social Work at the Memorial University of Newfoundland. The School promotes social justice by providing social work education, conducting scholarly inquiry, disseminating knowledge, and contributing to public policy and practice.
These activities help address the needs and aspirations of the local and global communities with whom we collaborate and interact. The School of Social Work plays an important role in preparing graduates for service delivery within Newfoundland and Labrador, across Canada, and internationally.
- Memorial University's Strategic Research Intensity Plan 2014-2020 builds on the university's Research Strategy Framework to support the university's vision to " ... be one of the most distinguished public universities in Canada and beyond ..." .
- The School of Social Work is an active and vibrant research environment. Faculty are engaged in a diverse range of scholarly activities, much of it funded through tri-council agencies, contracts with federal agencies, provincial and local foundations and agencies, and through internal competitions at Memorial University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Field education is an integral part of the MSW curriculum and constitutes advanced preparation for a wide range of innovative professional social work activities ranging from social action/ justice to community development/capacity-building to policy writing/analysis to program development/ evaluation to supervision to direct/clinical practice - all working with individuals, families, groups, communities, organizations, and/or systems.
- MSW course work and field instruction constitute different approaches to the same educational goal of preparing students for advanced, specialized, and /or leadership social work roles. Field practica are educationally-focussed (rather than a training experience) and, as such, there is a clear differentiation between work and student learning opportunities.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 41 other Masters in Social Work in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1074 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 826 CAD per semester during 12 months.
- National: $826-$1,707/semester
- International: $1,074-$2,218/semester
Living costs for St. John's
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.