Our Master of Nursing program at the Memorial University of Newfoundland is offered via distance learning, providing students with the opportunity to deepen and broaden their knowledge and competencies while in many cases balancing work and home life.
In the Nurse Practitioner option, nurses are prepared at an advanced level to practice as NPs in a variety of practice settings. The program consists of online courses, some week-long on-campus learning and evaluation sessions, and preceptor-supervised clinical practice. NPs have advanced knowledge and decision-making skills in health assessment, diagnosis, and health care management of common and complex conditions.
In the Practicum option, during their online course work and practicum projects, students learn to integrate and synthesize philosophical perspectives, theories, research and skills. Students choose a practicum project relevant to their interest and work setting. The project, conducted over two terms, allows students to consolidate their learning, address a real need for change, and demonstrate advanced nursing practice competencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The advanced practitioner has a well-developed knowledge base, uses critical thinking, works collaboratively, communicates effectively and demonstrates leadership in nursing.
- Advanced nursing practice is developed through the analysis and critique of theoretical work, through critical appraisal and synthesis of evidence from research and a variety of other sources, and through application of knowledge and skills to nursing practice.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 37 other Masters in Nursing in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1074 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 826 CAD per semester during 24 months.
- National: $826-$1,239/semester
- International: $1,074-$1,611/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.