Our Master of Nursing program at the Memorial University of Newfoundland is offered via distance learning, providing students with the opportunity to deepen and broaden their knowledge and competencies while in many cases balancing work and home life.
In the Practicum option of our MN program, students have a unique opportunity to draw from real-life situations and identify issues that form the basis of a student project.
The Nurse Practitioner option prepares nurses at an advanced level to work as nurse practitioners in a variety of settings.
The Post-Master's Nurse Practitioner graduate diploma is an option for nurses who have already earned a master's degree and want to work as nurse practitioners.
All three options in the MN program are designed to prepare students in advanced nursing practice.
- Aimed at advancing excellence in nursing care of individuals, families, groups, communities, and nurses’ work environments, researchers use a variety of methods.
- Our research pre-dominately allies with the health experiences of patients and families and is designed to transform nursing education, nursing practice, patient care and health policy
- The advanced practitioner has a well-developed knowledge base, uses critical thinking, works collaboratively, communicates effectively and demonstrates leadership in nursing.
- Advanced nursing practice is developed through the analysis and critique of theoretical work, through critical appraisal and synthesis of evidence from research and a variety of other sources, and through application of knowledge and skills to nursing practice.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesNursing View 34 other Masters in Nursing in Canada
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.