Approximately 12 researchers from outside the university, many employed in government laboratories (agriculture, fisheries, forestry, wildlife), hold adjunct appointments with the Department and contribute to the graduate program as co-supervisors and supervisory committee members. This master degree in Marine Biology is offered at the Memorial University of Newfoundland.
A strategic goal of the Department is to provide high-quality educational and training opportunities, particularly at the graduate level. Our graduate students are engaged in a variety of research areas including physiology, biochemistry, and molecular biology; biological and chemical oceanography; behavioural and population ecology; and aquaculture and fisheries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureMain Research Areas
- Aquaculture and fisheries
- Behavioural and population ecology
- Biological and chemical oceanography
- Physiology, biochemistry and molecular biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology View 102 other Masters in Biology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.