This program is for students who aim to pursue a career in fisheries science and includes skills training that will empower students to conduct publication-quality research in any aspect of fisheries science
The degree of Master of Science in Fisheries Science (Stock Assessment) at the Memorial University of Newfoundland is a full-time, research-focused Master’s degree. This program is for students who aim to pursue a career in stock assessment, a discipline within fisheries science.
Stock assessment professionals use data derived from many sources to construct models that inform us about biomass of organisms in the ocean and how many we can catch sustainably. While stock assessment professionals must have many of the same proficiencies as other fisheries scientists, they have an additional requirement of being experts on the mathematics and statistics that underpin this heavily quantitative field
More informationVisit official programme website
- This program recognizes that fisheries science is a broad discipline that is applied in nature and requires a high degree of skills to be done well.
- Students will gain practical skills through coursework while developing their theoretical understanding through supervised research and through their interactions as an active participant within the scientific community. Students will also be exposed to the depth of the field of fisheries science through lab meetings, reading groups and guest lectures.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAquaculture & Fisheries View 5 other Masters in Aquaculture & Fisheries in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition (NL students): MSc: $635-$953/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.