For both computer and Electrical Engineering, students have access to a wide variety of engineering software for tasks, such as mathematical analysis (MAPLE and MATLAB); electric circuit simulation (SPICE, PSPICE, electronics workbench); VLSI and FPGA design (Synopsys, Cadence and Xilinx) and software design (Rational Rose, Visual Paradigm and Microsoft development tools).
Faculty expertise encompasses a wide cross-section of specialties and backgrounds; many faculty members have broad industrial experience and complement their teaching and research programs with consultancy services.
Areas of study
At Memorial University of Newfoundland, you may pursue Electrical Engineering graduate studies in a wide variety of areas including:
- Applied electromagnetics
- Broadband communications networks
- Industrial automation
- Electric machines
- Autonomous vehicles
- Power systems and electronics
- Wind and alternative energy
- Distributed power generation
- Intelligent control
- Controllers and sensors in harsh environments
- Wireless communications
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science is active in a wide range of fundamental and applied research, which is a hybrid leading to new knowledge generation and subsequent exploitation.
- Research excellence in the faculty is built upon the strong programs in four strategic areas including ocean technology, environmental and sustainable infrastructure, information and communications technology and energy.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 19 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1074 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 826 CAD per semester during 24 months.
- National: $826-$1,239/semester
- International: $1,074-$1,611/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.