Contemporary Art Practice from Royal College of Art supports the development of your art practice within a responsive, dialogical and critical environment with an emphasis on wider political issues – critically interrogating art production in relation to urgent socio-political contexts as well as questioning and redefining practice.
Students at Contemporary Art Practice from Royal College of Art will:
- Interrogate and articulate the intentions of their work in relation to the critical and conceptual context of contemporary art practice;
- Plan and produce work that is informed by contemporary art research and practice both independently and as a responsive member of the artistic and wider community;
- Position and develop their awareness of the core areas of their research and practice and how this is situated within and contributes to the wider field of contemporary art practice;
- Demonstrate originality, imagination and curiosity in how they build on existing strategies in their approach to art making;
- Situating Contemporary Art Practice
- The Demonstrating Contemporary Art Practice
- The Independent Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Graphic Design View 374 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must normally have obtained a good relevant undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Portfolio requirements
- English-language requirements
International32000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.