The Pharmaceutical and BioPharmaceutical Formulations programme of the University of Sunderland covers drug delivery systems for large molecules such as proteins, genes and anticancer drugs that offer innovative ways to improve the health and wellbeing of our society. It also covers advanced formulations and delivery of small drug molecules, and there is a focus on nanotechnology, dosage forms, pharmacokinetics and data analysis.
This course is particularly relevant if you plan to undertake a PhD in the area of pharmaceutical sciences, biopharmaceuticals or drug delivery. It is also suitable if you are considering, or already involved in, a career in pharmaceutical-related industries, hospitals or research institutions.
Sunderland is well-regarded by employers in the pharmaceutical sector. We have worked with GSK for over 20 years. Salaries for senior formulation scientists range from £35,000 to around £80,000. Clinical laboratory scientists earn an average of £36,000.
On completing this course you will be equipped with the skills and understanding needed for research and development roles with employers such as:
- Pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies
- Medical research institutes
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Essential study skills, dosage forms and pharmacokinetics
- Delivering Gene and Therapeutic Proteins
- Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications for most masters courses are open all year round, but we highly recommend that you apply for your course at least six months before it starts.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Pharmacy View 963 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- We invite applications from holders of, or those who hope to be awarded at least a second class honours degree in a relevant subject such as pharmacy, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, biochemistry, pharmacology or a related discipline. We also accept equivalent qualifications from other countries.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sunderland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.