You will gain the ability to critically assess the consequences of different strategies for sustainable tourism destination development. These skills and this knowledge will help you join our many graduates who now work internationally as marketing and project assistants, service centre advisors and event managers.
Tourism is a major growth industry internationally, and there is an urgent need for knowledge on how to develop destinations in a sustainable manner. The courses in the Tourism Destination Development Programme offered by Dalarna University prepare you to work within the tourism and marketing fields, and can lead to countless job opportunities, including positions as:
- Junior Online Marketer
- Tourism Officer
- Destination Development Consultant
- Operations Manager
- You will most likely find work in destination-marketing organisations, at hotels, in activity companies, and within local and regional tourism-planning organisations throughout the world.
Upon completion of the programme, you may also apply for a PhD position within Tourism Studies or similar fields at any Swedish university. You may also apply for a full Bologna Master Degree at some of our partner universities in Europe.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Destination Development
- Event Tourism - Planning, Marketing, Evaluation
- Managing and Interpreting Natural and Cultural Heritage Sites
- Place and Destination Marketing
- Theory and Research Methods
- Degree Thesis in Tourism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTourism & Leisure View 11 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed bachelor's degree majoring in Human Geography, Business Administration and Management, Tourism Studies, Economics or an equivalent degree or currently completing the final year of studies leading to such a degree.
International8629 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8629 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Total tuition fee: 87 000 SEK for NON-EU/EEA
- EU/EEA Citizens or exchange students are not required to pay fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.