You will benefit from regular contact with members of the Centre for Sports and Exercise Medicine as well as visiting clinicians and lecturers who are experienced sport medicine specialists.
The Centre is ideally situated on the same campus as the sports injury, physiotherapy, podiatry and the interdisciplinary combined sports clinics. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to attend recognised external clinics around London, as well as the chance to attend sporting events and visits to national centres of excellence where possible.
The Centre is renowned in the UK for its academic strength and excellence. Lectures are delivered by national experts; from cutting edge scientists to physiotherapists, doctors, and other health professionals working with world-class athletes.
- Sports and Exercise Medicine - Medic offered at Queen Mary University of London offers you mastery of foundation concepts and skills in Sports and Exercise Medicine.
- Give you the knowledge and skills to assess sports injuries and to understand their treatment options, as well as understanding the physiological and psychological benefits of exercise and its use as a health tool.
- Allow you regular clinical contact with athletes and sportspeople.
- Introduce you to visiting lecturers, who are experts in the field of Sports Medicine.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Sports Injury Treatment
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Exercise Physiology
- Medical Problems in Sport
- Sports Injury Assessment
- Research Methods
- Option modules
- Sports Injury Management
- Exercise as a Health Tool
- Podiatry and Biomechanics
- Exercise Physiology and Team Medicine
- Football Medicine and Science
- Dance medicine
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 305 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
The course is aimed at qualified doctors, physiotherapists and osteopaths. All applicants need at least one year of clinical experience. If you are a physiotherapist with an overseas qualification, you must be registered with the Health Professions Council.
International20850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.