The Environmental Engineering programme at the University of Stavanger incorporates two specialisations:Offshore Environmental Technology
- Students that want to pursue a career in the oil and gas industry can choose this specialisation. The philosophy of this programme is to combine courses in offshore oil and gas exploration, production technologies and environmental management. The programme is suited for students that are interested in practical technological and administrative competences for sound environmental management in the offshore industries.
- The specialisation in Water Science and Technology is offered to students who want to focus on aquatic chemistry and ecology, and technologies for water and wastewater treatment. Being more natural science and research based, the programme provides students with fundamental and advanced competances in aquatic chemistry, environmental biotechnology and water process engineering.
With MSc in Environmental Engineering at University of Stavanger, graduates will be able to suggest, design and operate adequate environmental process technologies based on profound understanding of recipient aquatic system, in both offshore and onshore companies.
Career:On completing the master programme, candidates qualify for positions within environmental technologyand management. For example, work in public and private research institutions, environmentalmanagement, or as a technical consultant / environmental advisor in industrial companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Water Chemistry
- Natural Water Systems
- Environmental Microbiology
- Environmental Process Analysis
- Interfacial Water Chemistry
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Separation Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Norwegian citizens and applicants residing in Norway with advanced Norwegian language, without a bachelor's degree from the Nordic countries (Deadline 1 March)
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree from the Nordic countries(Deadline 15 April)
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering View 5 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Norway
A Bachelor´s degree within one of the following disciplines is required:
- Environmental Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Applicants with a Bachelor's degree in related areas may also be considered if they have at least 30 ECTS credits in applied chemistry and 10 ECTS in bioscience/biotechnology.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
All students are required to pay a semester fee of NOK 740 per semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.