The Multimedia design program at Monash University embraces projects of varied scale, from hand-held smart devices to large public interactive screens. It develops your ability to build a communication narrative; use multimedia processes to fill community and business needs; and understand the end-user’s engagement with projects or products such as websites, apps and other screen-based media.
The studio units bring together practical design skills with the conceptual thinking required of contemporary digital communication environments. This includes an astute ability to construct a communication narrative, strategically and meaningfully engage multimedia processes with broader community and business needs, and understand the end-user's intuitive and iterative engagement with a project (web site, app and other screen-based media). The final year of study provides the opportunity for you to pursue a major project, or extend your skills by participating in a leading industry project.
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will be able to:
- engage critically with design theory, concepts and methods
- understand the relationship of design to cultural, environmental, ethical, technological and professional contexts and practices
- apply design principles and advanced design skills to produce innovative ideas, concepts and solutions
- integrate specialised design research approaches in order to analyse, synthesise and evaluate diverse solutions for contemporary environments
- use technical and design methodologies to assess the needs, deliverables and constraints of complex projects
More informationVisit official programme website
- Design thinking approaches
- Design fundamental studio
- Design technologies and processes
- Introduction to art and design health and safety
- Interaction design
- Multimedia design
- Collaborative design
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Application dates vary by faculty but generally open early August and close in late November.
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 14 other Masters in Graphic Design in Australia
- CRICOS code: 089737A
Entry Level 1
- Bachelor's degree in any field.
Entry Level 2
- Bachelor's degree in a related field OR
- Bachelor's degree in any field + relevant experience
Entry Level 3
- Bachelor's (Hons) degree in a related field OR
- Bachelor's (Hons) degree in any field + relevant experience
International33600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33600 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National31500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31500 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.