During the Architecture program at Monash University, you will undertake high-level study in specialised areas of architecture, from housing and urban design to digital practices. Through project based design studios you will gain exposure to leading design practices.
The Master of Architecture offers a coursework postgraduate program of education in the discipline of architecture and provides the second of two degrees required for professional registration. The academic program focuses on research-led architectural design teaching and learning through advanced studios and depth-unit architectural studies electives.
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will be able to:
- acquire and apply the knowledge and range of design, technical and communication skills necessary to become a professional architect according to the national accreditation bodies
- integrate knowledge and skills in the design and communication of architectural projects
- contribute to the built environment with responses sensitive to their environmental, technical, social and cultural contexts
- work and communicate with multi-disciplinary teams in international contexts responsive to local cultures and conditions
- critically assess international architectural discourses and practices and contribute to advancing design research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Transition Studio
- Contemporary architecture
- Architecture and the city
- Technologies and environments
- Final architecture project
- Professional Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArchitecture View 48 other Masters in Architecture in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 097034K
- Entry level 1: Applicants must provide a short folio showing their past creative work (in any form or medium), a CV and a statement of why they are interested in the program. Shortlisted applicants may be invited for an interview.
- Entry level 2: Applicants must provide a design folio and curriculum vitae along with their application; shortlisted applicants may be invited for an interview.
International41000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41000 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National34700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34700 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.