The Information Technology program at Monash University caters to students from a variety of backgrounds. If you do not have previous training in IT, the course includes preparatory units that will give you the IT knowledge needed for the remainder of the course. However, if you already have a degree in IT, you can accelerate your study with an exemption from these preparatory units, or perhaps study further elective units in areas of your choice.
The course offers you the opportunity to explore a wide range of areas, such as software engineering, mobile and distributed systems, project management and machine learning.
In your final semester, you may take part in an Industry Experience program, working in a small team with industry mentors to develop entrepreneurial IT solutions. Or you may undertake a minor-thesis research project, investigating cutting-edge problems in IT under the supervision of internationally recognised researchers.
Graduates of the MIT will have the knowledge and skills to solve complex social, economic and technical problems within the context of information technology. Students will develop deep theoretical and practical knowledge in specific areas so that they will have the intellectual and conceptual foundation to play leading roles in the development of the information technology industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Programming foundations in Java
- Algorithms and programming foundations in Python
- Project management
- IT research methods
- Software engineering
- Internet applications development
- Enterprise application development for the web
- Mobile and distributed computing systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Software Engineering Machine Learning View 36 other Masters in Software Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 079055K
Entry level 1:
- An Australian undergraduate degree not necessarily in IT, with at least a 60% average, or a qualification deemed by the faculty to be a satisfactory equivalent.
Entry level 2:
- An Australian undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline or major in IT including computing, computer science or a technical information technology field, with completed studies in programming, databases, computer architecture, algorithms and data structures, data communications and system analysis and design, with at least a 60% average, or qualification deemed by the faculty to be a satisfactory equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42800 AUD per year during 18 months.
National33600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 AUD per year during 18 months.
Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.