The Petroleum Engineering Track and the Mining Engineering Track have been offered by Politecnico di Torino for many years, but they they are constantly renewed to qualify top students from all over the world for challenging international careers in the oil & gas and mining industry.
The Petroleum and Mining Engineering programme at Politecnico di Torino is exclusively and entirely taught in English and hosts students from all over the world, offering an enriching international environment.The Master's degree programme trains future petroleum and mining engineers to fit the profiles required by oil & gas and mining companies, service companies or institutions dealing with energy and mining management and regulation.
Employment opportunities and industrial sectorsEmployment opportunities for our pstgraduates are mainly in oil and mining companies, service companies or the bodies that handle the management and regulation of the energy and mining sectorsThe programme qualifies some specific professional profiles, namely:
- Oilfield Engineer: S/he collaborates on, or is responsible for, an integrated study of an oilfield. S/he interacts with engineers from different disciplines for the characterization of the fluids and the deposit rock, simulates the production behaviour of the oilfield and identifies possible production strategies. S/he has an aptitude for teamwork, rigour and accuracy.
- Drilling Engineer: S/he collaborates in the drafting and/or implementation, or is responsible for, the drilling and completion of oil wells. S/he masters procedures and materials. S/he has a predisposition for construction activities, practical sense and high adaptability.
- Mining Engineer: S/he collaborates on, or is responsible for, an integrated study of an ore deposit. S/he interacts with engineers from different disciplines for the characterization of the rocks, simulates the static behavior of planned cavities and identify possible risks of instability. S/he has an aptitude for teamwork, rigour and accuracy.
- Mining Supervisor: S/he collaborates on, or is responsible for, mining production and for surface treatment plants. S/he masters procedures and materials. S/he has a predisposition for construction activities, practical sense and high adaptability.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fluid Mechanics in Porous Media
- Petroleum and mining geology
- Petroleum technology
- Resources and Environmental Sustainability
- Exploration geophysics
- Risk Analysis
- Structural mechanics/Reservoir geomechanics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- 1st Call: February 12th
- 2nd Call: May 4th
- 3rd call: June 19th
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a Bachelor degree awarded by an accredited foreign university obtained after at least 15 years of previous education(primary and secondary plus university).In case you are enrolled in a “single cycle” Laurea magistrale course (5 or 6 years degree program) and you have not yet graduated, you must have completed at least 15 years of previous education (minimum 3 years at University level) having obtained at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent.
- meet curricular and quality requirements of the MS program you want to apply for.
The new model adopted by Politecnico consists in:
- For non-EU students living outside Italy and not belonging to a LDC, the amount of the tuition fee is calculated considering their country of origin and whether they apply or not for tuition fee reduction according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
- For EU students living outside Italy, the amount of the tuition fee depends on whether they submit or not the tuition fee reduction application according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.