The Mechanical Engineering programme at Politecnico di Torino includes courses followed by all students, mainly during the first year, while the second year offers several orientations with specialised teaching units, grouped into homogeneous areas corresponding to the main professional profiles traditionally associated with mechanical engineering.
Main specializations covered by the degree are :
- mechanical production
- equipment and systems design
- mechanical design
- propulsion of land vehicles
- transportation systems and vehicles
The core subjects are provided both in Italian and English. Within the various specializations some subjects will be provided in English.
Graduates will have the capacity to autonomously develop both standard and innovative projects in terms of product and process, working both independently and in monodisciplinary or multidisciplinary teams and with responsibility for coordination.
- in-depth study of mechanical subjects; a high level of knowledge of the technical-scientific problems of various sectors underlying applications and innovations in engineering (materials, functional and structural design methods, energy, production systems, numerical modeling);
The goals of the programme are to provide:
- ability to work in interdisciplinary teams, with an emphasis on innovation;
- ability to integrate areas of knowledge and to interface with specialists in different areas;
- understanding of economic problems and models of company organisation;
- in-depth knowledge and solid expertise in one of the areas in which mechanical engineers traditionally operate (production, design, automation, plant engineering, propulsion of land vehicles, transport).
The broadly transversal training allows graduates to adapt quickly to different professional requirements, even in sectors other than that of their degree course. They will be prepared both to interact effectively with experts from different sectors, and to continuously update their professional expertise.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Business Economics and Organization
- Materials for mechanical industries
- Mechanical system dynamics
- Thermal and hydraulic machines
- Advanced engineering thermodynamics/Numerical modelling
- Advanced topics of Engineering Thermodynamics
- Numerical modelling
- Integrated Manufacturing Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- 1st Call: February 12th
- 2nd Call: May 4th
- 3rd call: June 19th
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 51 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a Bachelor degree awarded by an accredited foreign university obtained after at least 15 years of previous education(primary and secondary plus university).In case you are enrolled in a “single cycle” Laurea magistrale course (5 or 6 years degree program) and you have not yet graduated, you must have completed at least 15 years of previous education (minimum 3 years at University level) having obtained at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent.
- meet curricular and quality requirements of the MS program you want to apply for.
The new model adopted by Politecnico consists in:
- For non-EU students living outside Italy and not belonging to a LDC, the amount of the tuition fee is calculated considering their country of origin and whether they apply or not for tuition fee reduction according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
- For EU students living outside Italy, the amount of the tuition fee depends on whether they submit or not the tuition fee reduction application according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.