What's covered in the course?
- Regular individual tuition in composition from internationally recognised composers.
- A chance to develop a distinctive compositional voice within the context of a broadly based course, enhancing your employability.
- The opportunity to participate in a wide variety of creative projects, including interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Regular forums, seminars and masterclasses with distinguished visiting composers and performers.
Opportunities to have works performed/workshopped by Birmingham Contemporary Music Group and other leading professional ensembles and musicians.Frequent chances to have works performed by student performers, including by the Conservatoire’s own Contemporary Music Group (Thallein Ensemble) and other ensembles.
In PgDip and MMus, a core career development module designed to get you thinking about your future professional plans.
In PgDip and MMus, the flexibility to choose from a broad menu of Professional Development modules designed to help you work towards achieving your personal career aspirations.
In MMus, a core module designed to develop your skills as a researcher or informed practitioner. In PgCert, the ability to focus wholly on the Principal Study area.
The possibility of transferring between PgCert, PgDip and/or MMus (as appropriate) once you have begun your studies (but before completion of your original course).Composition is provided by Birmingham City University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principal Study
- Career Development
- Professional Development Option
- MMus Option
- UK students should normally hold an honours degree, ideally but not necessarily in Music.
- Non-UK students should hold a Bachelor's degree or a similar degree-equivalent diploma, ideally but not necessarily in Music.
- MMus Intensive applicants must be at Level 7 standard in their Principal Study Area and be well-suited to the intensive period of study.
International20300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20300 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.