The master's program in Mathematics from Technical University of Munich builds upon the bachelor's degree in mathematics, physics or comparable degree programs. It is tailored to students who are interested in mathematics as an exact science.
On offer are numerous opportunities to specialize in areas such as algorithmic algebra, analysis, dynamical systems, geometry and visualization, mathematical modeling or mathematical physics. Further, students have the opportunity to choose courses from theoretical areas of computer science, physics, chemistry, economics or further disciplines. This high level of flexibility enables students to establish an individual competency profile.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- Professional opportunities in numerous sectors open up for graduates of the master's program in mathematics. Potential employers include institutions of higher education, research institutes, the research and development departments of large companies, public authorities and small and medium-sized businesses.
- In terms of content, mathematicians deal with fundamental research as well as the areas of software development, consulting, data security, communications and IT.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The master's program in mathematics offers a high degree of freedom when it comes to creating an individual study profile. You benefit from comprehensive coverage of the area of mathematics as well as being able to choose from courses in computer science, physics, chemistry, economics or certain other disciplines.
- The program's flexible structure makes it easier to study abroad for one or two semesters at a TUM partner university.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 40 other Masters in Mathematics in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.