The Food Engineering programme of University of Salerno is very attractive for graduates that are interested in food bioprocess engineering, product and process development, process control, advanced manufacturing systems, environmental and microbiological issues. The food engineer is able to apply typical engineering methodologies to the design and operation of food processing plants.
- food production industries, including the dairy industry, the canning industry, the pasta industry, the oil industry, the beverage industry, the wine industry;
- pharmaceutical and process industries;
- companies in the sector of the cold chain for storage and transport of frozen foods;
- companies of food industry machinery;
- companies of production, handling and transport of flours;
- technical structures for the control of the environment or industrial safety including food related issues;
- structures for big supermarket chains working on the selection of products, the evaluation of the congruence of prices, the certification of product quality / process;
- companies of food packaging;
- as freelance technical advisor for production processes, plant design and certification of quality for small and medium-sized food companies.
- Advanced mathematics
- Economy and business organization
- Transport phenomena in food processes
- Food process technology
- Waste water treatment in process industries
- Food packaging
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Food Sciences View 74 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Original secondary school qualification with a legal translation in Italian;
- Declaration of equivalent value for the qualification, issued by the competent Italian diplomatic authority. This declaration must certify that the qualification has been obtained at the end of a period of schooling of at least 12 years and must indicate the final mark and relative mark range;
- If the diploma has been obtained after less than 12 years of schooling, it is necessary to attach an academic qualification proving that they have completed the missing years of university courses in their respective countries;
- A copy of the residence permit.
Before admission candidates will be asked to undertake an interview, unless they hold an EUR-ACE certified degree. During the interview, the candidate will be asked to
- explain the reasons for the choice of the Master Degree Program in Food Engineering at the University of Salerno,
- describe a project carried out during the previous studies
- answer questions aimed at assessing the basis of transport phenomena and unit operations
- International students and those with Italian citizenship are required to pay the 3rd instalment of the amount of € 53.00 for the year of enrolment.
Living costs for Fisciano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.