The Architecture Construction City programme at Politecnico di Torino has the objective of training the intellectual and professional figure of the architect, that has a thorough cultural preparation both in the humanities and in the scientific and technical fields: a professional "generalist", who will find several ways to specialize and differentiate as his professional career develops.
In the contents of the subject courses as well as in the choice of the Design Unit topics, great importance is given to the increasing internationalization of the architectural profession: to encourage this international approach the first year of the Master Degree holds all the courses in Italian and English, thus providing students the chance to enrich their ability to interact with other cultures, languages and contexts.
Given the resolutely international and "generalist" direction of the MSc Architecture Construction and City program, graduates will have a training which is particularly suitable for preliminary, definitive and executive design of architectural works or urban projects, especially when considering urban and environmental transformation processes, coherently with the most recent legislative indications on quality in architecture.
The acquisition of knowledge and skills related to the architect's training (and covered in the 11 points of the European Directive) is completed and accomplished through the design teachings and experiences in the two-year program.
Graduates will be able perform all the activities of the freelance architectural profession, either individually or in a group; they will also be able to perform high responsibility functions in public and private institutions and organizations (national and local institutions, public and private companies, professional studios and design firms, public and private research companies), operating in the fields of construction and development of the territory, in redevelopment and conversion of the consolidated city, in design on a landscape scale.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architecture and structural forms
- Building information modelling
- Building physics and energy system in architecture
- History of architecture
- Architecture and urban economics
- Economics and design organization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction View 9 other Masters in Architecture in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a Bachelor degree awarded by an accredited foreign university obtained after at least 15 years of previous education(primary and secondary plus university).In case you are enrolled in a “single cycle” Laurea magistrale course (5 or 6 years degree program) and you have not yet graduated, you must have completed at least 15 years of previous education (minimum 3 years at University level) having obtained at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent.
- meet curricular and quality requirements of the MS program you want to apply for.
International2601 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2601 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Turin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.