The Science for Sustainable Development programme from Linköping University addresses global environmental changes and societal transformations. It will challenge you to undertake critical analysis of present and future environmental concerns, apply scientific knowledge across academic disciplines, and develop interdisciplinary competence. Your training will enable you to develop skills to interpret, design, communicate, and implement solutions to sustainability and environmental challenges, which will be indispensable for your future career as a sustainable development expert.
Sustainability issues bridge academic disciplines and require diverse expertise. Few universities offer such an interdisciplinary perspective in environmental sciences as LiU does, with the teachers from academic backgrounds ranging from the humanities and social sciences to natural sciences and engineering. The programme is the only one in the environmental sciences category to be awarded the highest quality ranking by the Swedish Higher Education Authority.
The programme provides a strong basis for a career related to sustainable development and environmental sciences. Our graduates have positions in research institutes, universities, environmental organisations, businesses, NGOs, river basin commissions, consultancies, power companies, intergovernmental environmental agencies, and PhD programmes.
- Critical Perspectives on Sustainable Development
- Environmental and Resource Use Challenges
- Climate Science and Policy
- Analytical Frameworks in Sustainability Studies
- Sustainable Resources Management
- Designing Environmental Studies in Sustainable Development
- Specialisation courses covering
- Master's Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development Environmental Economics & Policy View 21 other Masters in International Development in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen within natural sciences, social sciences, health sciences, humanities or engineering or equivalent.
- 15 ECTS credits passed in environmental sciences, sustainable development, or equivalent.
- English corresponding to the level of English in Swedish upper secondary education (English 6/B).
International10857 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21715 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- SEK 220000
Living costs for Linköping
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.