Environmental Management techniques are integral to conservation, agriculture, forestry, industry and countryside planning. This online Environmental Management course from Ulster University is designed both for new graduates who lack professional experience in environment management and, for professionals in the environment sector who wish to develop their careers, updating their knowledge and skills. It aims to satisfy an industrial and public sector demand for environmental scientists.
The principles and practice of Environmental Management are covered, with specific objectives being to:
- Understand the importance of an evidence-based approach in developing management strategies
- Apply quantitative techniques to assess the effects of environmental management
- Produce environmental impact statements and advise on implementing environmental management systems
- Apply structured planning principles to site biodiversity management and ecosystem restoration
- Monitor pollution and assess its environmental effects
Most students on the course are already working in industry or public services.
Key skills which will be developed are:
- Biodiversity management plans and site restoration design
- Ecological monitoring
- Environmental management systems
- Environmental impact assessment
- Research analysis and data interpretation techniques.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Biodiversity Management
- Environmental data analysis
- Environmental Management Project
- Pollution Monitoring
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Postgraduate Diploma - 120
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 361 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Entry to the PgDip:
- You must hold a degree in a science or other suitable discipline or demonstrate your ability to undertake the course through the accreditation of prior experiential learning.
- You initially register for the Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) and if you complete the PgDip with an overall mark of 50% or higher can proceed to the MSc programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4970 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4970 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2090 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2090 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.