The Optical microsystems and nanotechnologies programme of by Samara University allows preparing highly qualified professional in fields of micro- and nanodevices design and technology such as synthesis and study of micro-optics and nanophotonics components; design and technology of microelectromechanical systems; synthesis, study and characterization of nanomaterials.
Job placement opportunities
Graduates of this master's program claimed the largest high-tech enterprises of the Samara region: Space Rocket Centre ‘Progress’ and Research Institute ‘Ekran’.
Potential employers (at national level) are the flagships of the russian chip production ‘Mikron’ JSC, ‘Angstrem’ JSC and design centers that specialize in integrated electronics and photonics engineering.
The advantage of this master's program is the training is held in English, making it easier to graduates entering the international market.
After graduation students can work in research centers, universities, and enterprises involved in research, design, and development of optical microsystems and nanotechnologies.
- physical and chemical bases of micro- and nanotechnology
- methods for synthesis and applications of metamaterials for IR and THz ranges
- diagnostics of 2D and 3D micro and nanostructures
- computer modeling of optics and electronics
- high efficiency photovoltaics and solar cells
- integrated optics and nanophotonics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The completed application form;
- The copy of the international passport pages (those with the photo, date and place of birth etc.);
- The scan copy of documents confirming your previous education (secondary school/high school certificate, master or bachelor degree diploma): original legalized (by Russian Federation embassy) version and translated into Russian language.
International1456 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1456 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1456 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1456 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 122,000 RUB per year
Living costs for Samara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.