Medical Bioinformatics at University of Verona will equip graduates with specific skills in the following areas: complex biomedical software in the field of scientific and technological innovation for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes; complex information systems for the management of clinical and bioinformatics databases; software for processing medical and biological data in clinical decision support systems; health information systems with heterogeneous and complex architectures; visual interfaces for bioinformatics.
The programme, which is entirely taught in English, provides a theoretical foundation and the methodological and technological multi- and inter-disciplinary knowledge to address issues related to the design, analysis and development of intelligent systems in medical informatics and complex bioinformatics.
Graduates in Medical Bioinformatics are IT professionals specialised in processing (representation, processing, analysis, visualisation, archiving and communication) of large amounts of data (structured, semi-structured and unstructured data), thus acting as Data Scientists in order to deploy and use
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Biomedicine and bioinformatics databases;
- Computational analysis of biological structures and networks;
- Epidemiological methods and clinical epidemiology;
- Fundamental algorithms for Bioinformatics;
- Molecular biology;
- Programming laboratory for bioinformatics;
- Computational analysis of genomic sequences;
- Healthcare Information Systems.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Informatics Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 11 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Three year University Degree (Bachelor) in Computer Science or Related, and Bioinformatics or in any area requiring a strong basic training in Computer Science. Cumulative Grade Point Average (or equivalent) equal to 70/100 or higher.
International1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Verona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
SCHOLARSHIPS & TUITION FEES
The University of Verona offers a range of scholarships to reward excellent students and/or to help those from lower income families. Scholarships are intended to cover part of the Student’s living expenses for each year of study.
- Scholarships funded by the University of Verona – International Master’s degrees a.y. 2021/2022 (new call starting on 1 June! Please check: https://www.univr.it/it/concorsi/studenti/international-degree-seeking-students)
- Tuition fees for non-EU students.
- Tuition fees, taxes, reductions, benefits based on merit, and tax exemptions – Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees
- Regulations on student fees
- Part-time work for students
OTHER FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- Scholarships funded by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Invest your Talent in Italy
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.