Candidates who have completed at least a bachelor degree program and demonstrated knowledge of English language can apply. The program in Finance at the Technical University of Ostrava is prepared as a two-year course.
It is completed by the state examination and defense of the thesis. Successful graduates are awarded the master title. After completing the program, it is possible to continue in the doctoral degree study at the Faculty of Economics, VŠB-TU Ostrava or other programs of economic orientation.
The basis of the study is to gain the knowledge from the following areas:
- financial management and business decision-making,
- the functioning of financial markets, commercial and investment banking, insurance, investment companies and insurance companies,
- financial decision-making under risk, investment decision-making, company valuation, financial modeling,
- valuation of derivatives, management of financial portfolios,
- international finance, international financial institutions, financial systems, fiscal and tax systems.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Financial decision-making under risk
- Mathematics in Economics
- Public Finance
- Valuation and Acquisitions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 25 other Masters in Economics in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Technical University of Ostrava and/or in Czech Republic, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- e-Application form
- Copies of graduation certificates (Diploma and Diploma Supplement or Transcript of Records)
- Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
- Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study programme, it is non-refundable.
- Valid visa and passport.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ostrava
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.