About the education
Innovative environments, methods and tools
The education is characterised by Halmstad University’s profiling as a university that drives innovation. With emphasis on the function and design of products, you will learn effective methods for development work.
You have access to state-of-the-art study environments such as Fab Lab, Mechanics Lab and Tribology Lab. These are different parts of the Rydberg Core Laboratory, an interdisciplinary lab based on applied science, with many links to technical sciences and mathematics.
The Mechanical Engineering programme of Halmstad University includes a great deal of project work in groups with the greatest possible links to industry. You translate your subject knowledge into well-researched results that you report in an engineering manner with links to both science and practice.
The Master's programme in Mechanical Engineering gives you wider opportunities in the labour market, with more advanced work tasks. With increased insight into both product development and production conditions, you are well prepared to manage projects. For example, you can work on product and production development in the engineering and automotive industries.
- Development of Product and Manufacturing Technology
- Production Development Towards Total Quality
- Advanced Material and Manufacturing Technologies
- Lightweight Design
- Process and Production lmprovement
- Thesis in Mechanical Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 98 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree (equivalent of 180 Swedish credit points/ECTS credits at an accredited university) in Mechanical Engineering or a bachelor's degree with a major in Mechanical Engineering.
- Applicants must have written and verbal command of the English language equivalent to English course 6 in Swedish Upper-Secondary School.
International14037 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14037 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- 144,000 SEK per full programme
Living costs for Halmstad
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.