The Master's programme in International Development and Management from Lund University offers students a unique combination of theoretical knowledge and applied research methods and management skills pertaining to a range of development areas and challenges. These different aspects of international development research and practice are being integrated through programme courses, student internships with international organisations, field work research, and development practitioner seminars. Our students spend the first academic year of the programme on campus while pursuing their internships and field work in developing contexts during the second year.
The programme prepares students for a career in international aid and development cooperation or for further academic studies with this profile. Seventy per cent of our students find work within the development sector within a year of graduating. The graduates attribute this to the programme’s management component, as well as the rigorous field training and experience they gather during their second year of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Development Perspectives
- Theory of Science and Methods
- Global Health
- Rural and Urban Development and Livelihoods
- Sustainable Development and Natural Resource Management
- Development Organisations and Programme Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership International Development View 55 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree. English 6/English Course B.
- The final selection among applicants fulfilling the entry requirements is based on academic degrees, academic marks, disciplinary background, relevant work experience and the statements of purpose written by the applicants. Special attention will be paid to the statement of purpose and whether the applicant has completed an undergraduate degree by the time the programme starts.
International10445 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20891 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 220 000
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is a merit-based and selective scholarship targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.