This programme will boost your professional career, delivering a comprehensive and rigorous treatment of key areas of accounting and corporate finance.
The MSc in Accounting and Finance from Lund University is apt for students interested in careers across a wide range of organisations and sectors in the fields of business, consulting and finance. It also provides a substantial preparation for academic research in accounting or finance.
Accounting, corporate finance, and management control are closely related parts of the broader accounting and finance field. They all lie at the intersection where business strategy, processes, and information combine and represent critical functions in organizations to ensure that decisions, processes, and behaviours are consistent with corporate objectives and that strategies are related to performance.
Graduates from the Master's programme in Accounting and Finance will typically pursue a career in accounting, financial services, financial management, or related sectors of the economy requiring an in-depth understanding of accounting and finance.
The career opportunities are broad and extensive in the areas that are at the core of this programme. After graduation you will be able to work both nationally and internationally as, for example, a financial analyst or investment banker, in internal audit, assurance, management consultancy, or as a chief financial officer (CFO), controller, treasurer, or other financial-management functions depending on your course combinations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Valuation
- Management Control
- Perspectives on Accounting
- Corporate Fraud and Forensic Accounting
- Designing Finance
- International Accounting
- Performance Measurement and Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree (BA/BSc) with at least 90 ECTS in business administration, or equivalent knowledge obtained through courses in related fields (for example, courses in accounting, business, commerce, corporate finance, international business, management, management science, marketing, and organisational studies). A major in corporate finance, financial accounting, financial management, or management accounting on the undergraduate level is preferred.
- At least 5 ECTS in financial accounting. At least 5 ECTS in corporate finance. At least 15 ECTS in one of the following fields: corporate finance, financial accounting, financial management, or management accounting. English 6/English course B.
International11472 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11472 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 120 000
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is a merit-based and selective scholarship targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.