If you're ready to take your previous studies in a science discipline to postgraduate level, then our MSc Medical Biotechnology degree course will help you develop advanced skills in molecular biotechnology. You'll also build on your understanding of how diagnostics, therapeutics and biomedical research are applied in molecular medicine, the energy sector and industry.
When you graduate, you'll have the skills, knowledge and qualifications for a successful career in research or industry in the biotechnology sector, or in the fields of bioscience or pharmaceutics.
On this course, you'll:
- Develop a practical and theoretical understanding of the molecular techniques used in the biotechnology sector
- Learn how these are applied in diagnostics, therapeutics and molecular medicine
- Develop your practical skills using professional research equipment in the University's complex of over 30 laboratories
- Conduct your own medical biotechnology research, in areas such as pathology, drug development, business or bioinformatics
- Have the option to study additional topics in the field, including clinical pathology, drug design and clinical trials, business skills for biotechnology and bioinformatics and omics
- Be supported by a team of expert scientists
- Use our specialist facilities, including microscopy for imaging at both the cellular and molecular level
When you graduate from our MSc Medical Biotechnology degree course, you'll be qualified for a career within small and medium-sized enterprises and global business in the area of Biotechnology, as well as public and private health service providers. You'll have practical and theoretical skills in Medical Biotechnology, as well as transferable skills as problem-solving and research.
Career opportunities include:
- Product development
- Research scientist
- Diagnostics and pathology lab work
- PhD study
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Biotechnology: Diagnostics
- Medical Biotechnology: Therapeutics
- Molecular Medicine
- Medical Biotechnology Research Skills and Project
- Biotechnology Enterprise
- Bioinformatics and Omics
- Clinical Pathology
- Tissue Regeneration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 129 other Masters in Biotechnology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
An upper second-class honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Professional experience and other qualifications may be taken into consideration for applicants not meeting this requirement.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16400 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.