The core of the Analytical Instruments, Measurement and Sensor Technology (AIMS) program is sensor technology as a key technology in nearly every field of engineering. Automotive industry as well as telecommunication or processing industries are using sensors for their products.
But you will also get acquainted with data analysis, computer simulation and other measurement and analyzing techniques. Companies are searching for qualified employees in this field and they gladly hire our alumni. We keep permanent contact to the companies to ensure that our program is updated always with the latest developments.
We can offer the specialties of two universities to you: Coburg University of Applied Sciences and Arts as a specialist in sensor technology with its Institute of Sensor and Actuator Technology and the University of Shanghai for Science and Technology (USST) as a well-established and full-fledged multidisciplinary university with the College of Optical, Electrical and Computer Engineering.
All of the courses are taught in the English language. German or Chinese language proficiency is not required. However, to be able to start your career, German and Chinese language courses are integrated in the curriculum.
- Sensor Technology
- Computer Based Measurement Technology
- Analytic Instrument
- Optoelectronic Sensors
- Digital Signal Processing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Summer semester in Shanghai (for Chinese students only).
- Students from India should apply for an appointment at the German Embassy latest in May.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 123 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Germany
- a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in the field of engineering or natural sciences with good results (2,5 or higher in the German grading scale, 3.0 or higher in the 4 point GPA grading scale, or equivalent).
- English proficiency proven by a relevant mark in one of the following tests: UNIcert® II, TOEFL, CBTOEFL 213, IELTS. Or you can prove equivalent knowledge e.g. by a bachelor entirely taught in the English language.
- Professional practical experience of at least one year (exceptions are possible in special cases, but students must fulfil this requirement before graduating from the master’s program. In this case they will have to submit a written description of how they plan to meet this requirement).
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
reduced 2,000 EUR (only for students from USST Shanghai)
Living costs for Coburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.