The Comparative Politics of Eurasia (St. Petersburg) programme from HSE University location in St. Petersburg, with its extraordinary cultural and historical heritage, will provide students with unique opportunities for diving into the Russian culture, understanding history, and acquiring the Russian language.
The Programme provides all necessary assistance for identifying research/practice-oriented internship placements as well as opportunities for study abroad. It is involved in a network of domestic and international partnerships aiming at meeting various academic and research interests of the students.
Partners most relevant to the Programme focus:
- University College London
- University of Oslo
- Beijing Normal University
- Centre for Independent Social Research
- Swedish International Centre for Local Democracy
- Post-Soviet Area Studies
- International Politics of Eurasia
- Advanced Theory and Methods (pre-PhD)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Scan of the main passport pages (with photo and name etc.).
- Scan of the diplomas and academic transcripts (if you have not yet received your Bachelor’s diploma, please include an official copy of your most recent academic transcript).
- Letter of motivation (describing your reasons for applying in the context of your long-term career goals and background, 500 words).
- Resume/CV (including information about your education, professional, and research experience, as well as language proficiency and other skills.
- At least one recommendation letter.
- Exam results confirming language proficiency (optional).
- Full texts or annotations of the applicants' research projects (optional).
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 175 000 – 350 000 RUB/year
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International students can apply to study at HSE for free through full-tuition scholarships. This merit-based scholarship will completely waive all tuition fees for selected full-degree Master's programmes at HSE. Here is a link to explore: https://admissions.hse.ru/en/graduate-apply/financial-aid
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.