The Advanced Energy Solutions - Sustainable Energy in Buildings and Built Environment from Aalto University offers the theoretical basis and practical skills that are required in design projects and the development of novel technologies and services for energy-efficient buildings and community.
The major offers advanced courses on the efficient use of energy in the fields of building technology and services as well as on the design of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. The major includes courses of high-performing HVAC systems and indoor environmental quality. The major prepares students for current and future challenges in construction and building services engineers.
Graduates of the programme are capable of acting as an expert of in at least one of the following areas: HVAC technology, building services engineering, building technology and energy.
Typical employers are engineering and consultant companies as well as universities and research institutes. Graduates will able to apply novel, adaptive and socially intelligent thinking and enhance interdisciplinary collaboration with well-trained project management skills for entrepreneurship initiatives concerning energy solutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fluid dynamics
- Thermodynamics in energy technology
- Heat transfer D
- Comfortable and Healthy Indoor Environments
- Heating and Cooling Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 14 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.