The Advanced Energy Solutions - Sustainable Energy Systems and Markets major from Aalto University offers a firm theoretical base, as well as practical tools and skills needed by engineers working on the field of energy systems. In order to prepare students for understanding complex and multidisciplinary problems of the field, the major is designed to be flexible. Courses include theoretical considerations, experimental work, industrial applications, and first-hand experience.
The major prepares students for the current and future challenges faced by energy companies, the manufacturing industry, consulting companies and society. Students are well-prepared to pursue doctoral studies. Upon completion of the major, the student will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of energy systems
- Have holistic view which enables analyzing complex dependencies in vast energy systems
- Optimize and develop the energy systems, taking into account different energy forms
- Understand the role of various parties in energy markets
- Develop applications for energy efficiency and sustainability
- Analyze and evaluate existing and future challenges in the field of energy systems
The graduates of the Master’s Programme in Advanced Energy Solutions are capable of acting as an expert of in at least one of the following fields, depending on the chosen major: new power and energy systems and markets, advanced energy and power production technologies, building and communal energy design and use, bioenergy or industrial energy processes.
Typical employers are energy companies, energy-intensive industries, engineering and consultant companies as well as universities and research institutes. The graduates will able to apply novel, adaptive and socially intelligent thinking and enhance interdisciplinary collaboration with well-trained project management skills for entrepreneurship initiatives concerning energy solutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Advanced Energy Solutions
- An Introduction to Electric Energy
- Energy and Environmental Economics
- Intelligent buildings
- Indoor Environment Technology
- Measurement and Control of Energy Systems
- Indoor Air Quality
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarketing Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 6 other Masters in Marketing in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The selection process for the major Sustainable Energy Systems and Markets is competitive and paper-based.
- Applications that pass the eligibility check of Aalto University Admissions Services (administrative evaluation) proceed to the programme specific academic evaluation.
The following mandatory documents are required by the programme:
- a motivation letter
- curriculum vitae
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.