The Advanced Radiotherapy Practice programme of Trinity College Dublin is available in 2 strands, Clinical Practice or Treatment Planning.
Clinical Practice Strand
This strand aims to develop knowledge and skills in the advanced radiation therapy management of cancer patients and to enable you to critically evaluate and participate in research in this area.
It is aimed at Radiotherapy professionals that:
Are seeking to expand their career into Advanced Clinical Practice; Management and/or Research.
Wish to work in an extended role in their department.
Are returning to employment and may wish to update their knowledge on current evidence-based practice.
Treatment Planning Strand
This strand aims to develop students’ knowledge and skills in the field of Radiation Therapy treatment planning.
It is aimed at Radiation Therapy professionals that:
- Are seeking to expand their career into advanced techniques, treatment planning or/and research.
- Wish to work in an advanced role in their department in treatment planning
- Wish to update their knowledge on current evidence based practice.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Imaging for advanced radiotherapy practice
- Delineation for radiotherapy planning
- Advances in radiation therapy
- Research Methods
- Management skills for healthcare professionals
- Radiobiological principles and practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 26 other Masters in Human Medicine in Ireland
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Trinity College Dublin and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Applications will be accepted from those who:
- Hold an honours primary degree in Radiation Therapy, Medical Physics, Medicine or a related discipline; or otherwise satisfy the selection panel that they have the ability to complete and benefit from the course.
- Evidence of relevant professional experience.
- Have access to radiation therapy planning software for the duration of the course.
- Have a fluent command of the English language. Students whose first language is not English must meet the University's English language requirements.
International8032 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8032 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA4016 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4016 EUR per year during 12 months.
- EU/EEA: 4,016 EUR
- Non-EU/EEA: 8,032
- EU/EEA: 6,086 EUR
- Non-EU/EEA: 12,173 EUR
- EU/EEA: 2,432 EUR
- Non-EU/EEA: 5,360 EUR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.