About the Voice Studies - Teaching and Coaching course
These courses are for The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama graduates of appropriate disciplines who wish to follow a career in voice teaching and who seek specialised study and practice in voice and speech.
- Study with internationally renowned voice tutors and professionals
- Learn pedagogical skills for the teaching of voice on this world-leading course
- Network with actors, accent coaches, speech therapists and singers and undertake education and industry placements.
Programme StructureCourses structure focuses on:
- workplace attachments
- observed practice
- liaison with members of the related industries
- vocal coaching
- vocal performance
- liberal arts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no formal closing date for direct applications to Central, but you are strongly advised to apply as early as possible.
Master of Fine Art in Voice Studies: Teaching and Coaching (MFA): 240 credits
DisciplinesArt History Theatre & Dance Fine Arts View 85 other Masters in Fine Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An understanding of voice informed by appropriate work experience of at least two years is normally an essential prerequisite, or a degree (or equivalent) in a subject which has included an element of voice and speech studies. Graduates of other disciplines will be considered if they can provide evidence of previous training in voice and/or speech. You will also normally be required to have the equivalent of 20 hours teaching experience in the field of voice and/or performance-related subjects. Applicants without an undergraduate degree (or equivalent), but who have professional experience working with voice for at least two years, e.g. actors and directors, will be considered for interviews for non-standard entry. An offer will normally only be made after interview.
International21000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.