The MA/MFA Movement: Directing and Teaching programme at Central:
- Is a specialist, vocational course for performance and movement practitioners
- Develops your expertise in movement teaching and movement directing of the actor
- Is taught by current professionals in their field of movement pedagogy, movement direction and movement research
Movement training at The Royal Central School of Speech and DramaTradition, experience, eclecticism and innovation epitomise Central’s understanding of movement training for the theatre and these unique courses have been created in that spirit. You will belong to the fine history of movement at Central from Litz Pisk to the present.
Who is the course suitable for?You may be an actor or dancer who wants to diversify your skills and knowledge, you may work with actors (a dance or movement teacher, or a theatre director with a movement history), or be a practitioner from an allied field of sport/holistic practice, wanting to enhance your understanding of practical/theoretical interfaces regarding movement in contemporary performance.
Opportunities on the course
You will be offered specialist, vocational teaching in the field of movement for actors, production practice for movement directors and bespoke movement placements at Central and in other professional theatre settings, such as other conservatoires or theatre, opera, or film organisations (both in Britain and internationally).You will have the opportunity for the development of your individual movement specialisms and apply them to the work of actors. The courses provide a rich and diverse landscape within which to address movement practices in relation to a wide range of established theatre processes and innovations in the field.
More informationVisit official programme website
For more information please visit the program website.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no formal closing date for direct applications
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 174 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a simple, short movement exercise that you would teach to a trainee actor (no longer than 10 minutes). You will teach this exercise at the interview and discuss your objectives as a teacher. This is our chance to see you in action as a potential movement teacher/director and to identify whether you have potential for analysis and reflection
- a short example of your own movement work, which should last no longer than 10 minutes and reflect your particular movement style and connection to movement
- a 1,500 word essay explaining your reasons for applying to the course.
International18578 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18578 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9733 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9733 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.