The teaching curriculum of KTU MSc in Medical Physics focuses on the use of ionising radiation for the treatment and diagnosis of oncological diseases, and the protection of individuals and the environment from unreasonable radiation.
This study programme is implemented together with the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences is adjusted to the medical physics study programmes around the globe and recognised by the International Organisation of Medical Physicists.
KTU MSc in Medical Physics is one of the few programmes of this kind delivered in English in Europe (except for the UK universities).
- State-of-the-art research facilities and equipment available for KTU students’ research
- Hands-on experience while working together with professionals in hospitals and medical care centres
- EC directive 2013/59/EURATOM regulated curriculum
What will you study?
- Ionising radiation: interaction of radiation with biomaterials, radiobiology
- Radiation therapy: methods, equipment for the treatment of oncological diseases, dosimetry
- Radiation diagnostics, radiology: methods, equipment for diagnostics of diseases, imaging
- Nuclear medicine: the use of radioactive materials for diagnostics and treatment of diseases
- Radiation protection and safety
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Radiation Physics
- Radiation Protection and Safety
- Radiobiology and Mathematical Modelling
- Diagnostic Radiation Physics
- Digital Processing of Biomedical Signals
- Radiation Detectors and Measurements
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Physics Health Sciences View 5 other Masters in Health Sciences in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in physics, biomedicine with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%)
- motivation (skype interview)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4300 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4234 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4234 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of the European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.