An ageing population and rising health care costs caution us that the health care system must constantly improve. The recent COVID-19 pandemics makes this need even more evident. We have to find new effective ways to diagnose, prevent and treat diseases, and this requires innovative biomedical solutions and technologies.
You will enhance your theoretical knowledge and gain the skills needed for the development and improvement of the equipment for medical diagnostics, therapy and health monitoring.
Upon completion of your studies, excellent career opportunities will open up – your knowledge and skills will be desired by the medical technology industry, medical equipment maintenance and high-tech companies, start-ups and science centres.
This Biomedical Engineering programme at Kaunas University of Technology is taught together with Lithuanian University of Health Sciences to ensure comprehensive knowledge of biomedical sciencesYou will be able to join the research groups of internationally acclaimed KTU Biomedical Engineering Institute and to contribute to the development of advanced electronic health care solutionsThe programme is designed to incorporate medical and practical research work in laboratories
The majority of the curriculum is focused on the efficient application of technology in medicine
- Systematic knowledge in the area of biomedical engineering;
- Knowledge of biomedical electronic devices and systems;
- Abilities in designing of biomedical electronics;
- Knowledge of scientific research and entrepreneurship in biomedical engineering
- Able to systematically understand the context of biomedical engineering, the field’s regulatory requirements, terms of biomedical field, engineering methods used for solving of the problems;
- Able to use biomedical engineering systems and devices and perform their technical maintenance;
- Able to apply suitable methods, measures and equipment for designing of biomedical devices;
- Able to prepare a research project and application, scientific paper in the field of biomedical engineering, to study in Doctoral studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Signal Processing and Machine Learning
- Experimental Biomechanics
- Methodology of Biomedical Engineering
- Systems of Human Physiology
- Modeling of Physiological Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine General Engineering & Technology View 23 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in biomedical/biophysics/electronics/informatics engineering with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%),
- motivation (skype interview),
- proficiency in English: IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, IESOL C1, GRE or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.