By the end of the Electromechanical Engineering programme of University of Liège students will be able to use their knowledge and understanding of the basics of thermodynamics, thermics, mechanics, electricity, chemistry and hydraulics to design energy systems consistent with an approach concerned with the sustainable development of our society.
Electromechanical Engineers will be able to:
- understand and apply the principles and laws of energy conservation and transformation;
- evaluate the energy and environmental performance of various energy systems using tools such as life cycle analysis;
- design and dimension various energy systems responding to the challenges facing our society;
- propose innovative energy systems exploiting renewable energy potential;
- develop models that make it possible to simulate and optimise energy systems and components;
- understand and design energy management and control systems;
- develop an experimental approach while studying energy systems;
- develop an overall vision of an energy mix on different scales;
- understand the issues and take an active part in energy policies and their planning.
- Heat exchangers, constructive and fundamental aspects
- Reduction of pollutants from combustion
- Thermal Machines and Systems
- Materials selection
- Introduction to electric power and energy systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 15 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Belgium
- A Bachelor degree
- Identity card (for students from the European Union and assimilated student) OR Certificate of nationality or certificate of residence established in Belgium (for non-European Union students not assimilated)
- Supporting documents if you have done an extracurricular year
- Additional supporting documents after having already been enrolled in another university or university college
- TOEFL or IELTS if the language of instruction is English
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.