Finance and Accounting for Business is a full-time Master’s degree program delivered in English. The aim of the specialization is to transfer in-depth knowledge, skills and competences in the field of finance and accounting supporting business activity in an international environment.
The specialization aims in particular at providing practical aspects of contemporary international finance and business processes and problems. The program includes a 1 month compulsory internship in Polish or foreign company during the last semester.
FAB allows you to improve your English language skills, which will undoubtedly strengthen your position on the domestic and international labor market. Modern teaching techniques and close contact with the lecturers will allow you to expand your knowledge of finance with an international aspect in a friendly atmosphere.
The program include a 1 month compulsory internship in Polish or foreign company during the last semester. The companies in which the students have completed their internships are for example:
- Allianz Technology SE (Germany);
- EprojectConsult (Italy);
- ING Solution Investment Managment (Luxemburg);
- Capgemini (Poland);
- UHY ECA Audit Sp. z o.o. Sp. k. (Poland);
- Paccor Polska Sp. z o.o. (Poland);
The studies are aimed at acquiring knowledge and competences by the students in the areas of:
- strategic financial management;
- financial risk management;
- international finance;
- financial reporting and auditing from international perspective;
- strategic management and international marketing;
- international human resources management;
- corporate tax management;
- legal basis for the functioning of enterprises on the international market;
- IT tools necessary for effective analysis of financial data;
- methodology of conducting economic and financial analyzes.
After graduation, it is possible to work as:
- middle- and top-level manager;
- financial analyst;
- budget analyst;
- financial advisor;
- management consultant;
- independent entrepreneur and business owner.
The teaching methods are in general oriented towards the inclusion of students into the didactic process. The methods most widely used are especially the following: case studies, group discussion, team building exercises, group work, and student presentations. The active lectures using multimedia– as more classical teaching methods– are also the obvious choice for some teaching in chosen subjects.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting International Business View 14 other Masters in Accounting in Poland
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Economics in Katowice and/or in Poland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Admission is based on the results of the online interview. We are looking for the students who we believe have the most academic ability and potential, are best suited to the course applied for, and who will benefit from the learning environment we have to offer at the University of Economics in Katowice. It is also an opportunity for candidates to expand on some elements of their application and to demonstrate their interest in and commitment to the subject.
International2090 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1045 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Application fee 85 PLN
- Semester tuition fee for Polish, holders of Polish Card, EU students and others 1300 PLN
- Semester tuition fee for foreign students 5000 PLN
Living costs for Katowice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
There are various scholarships and funds available to our students both at the university as well as other institutions and foundations. Here you can find information about some forms of financial aid we recommend. You can apply for a scholarship or other form of allowance at the International Office.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.