- To provide students with a solid theoretical foundation and the necessary professional skills in TESOL;
- To equip the students with the linguistic knowledge, cultural understanding, and pedagogical training essential to the various aspects of TESOL;
- To provide theoretical and/or practical support for actual situations within the language classroom,
- To develop students’ skills in critical reading and ability to design a research project,
- To provide the theoretical and/or practical basis required for the study of a doctoral degree.”
The TESOL - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Distance Learning) programme from University of Nicosia prepares students and educators for global careers as ESL/EFL teachers and course developers. It is designed for those who may have little or no substantial teaching experience but who wish to gain a substantial postgraduate qualification early in their professional lives in the field of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). Graduates will be able to be employed as teaching professionals at private and state institutions, both in Cyprus and abroad, teaching English to non-native speakers of the language.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring Language for TESOL
- Second Language Acquisition
- Language Teaching Methods and Course Design
- Language Skills and Materials Development
- Research Methods in TESOL
- Teaching English to Young Learners
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Linguistics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The minimum general requirement for admission to the post-graduate degree programme is a Bachelor Degree from a recognised university.
- All applicants for entrance in the MA TESOL programme offered by the Department should have at least a lower second class (2:2) Bachelor degree in English Language/ English Linguistics and/or English Literature from a recognised university.
- Teaching experience is not essential but preferred. Tutoring experience is helpful.
- Applicants with a lower grade or whose degree is on a related discipline will be considered on their own merits.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA4200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.