General Objectives of the TESOL - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Distance Learning) programme from the University of Nicosia :
- To develop in the student an understanding of a range of disciplines and areas of professional activity which underpin the field of TESOL and constitute its focus and its concerns;
- To provide students with a solid theoretical foundation and the necessary professional skills in TESOL;
- To equip the students with the linguistic knowledge, cultural understanding, and pedagogical training essential to the various aspects of TESOL;
- To provide theoretical and/or practical support for actual situations within the language classroom,
- To develop students’ skills in critical reading and ability to design a research project,
- To provide the theoretical and/or practical basis required for the study of a doctoral degree.
The MA TESOL programme prepares students and educators for global careers as ESL/EFL teachers and course developers.
It is designed for those who may have little or no substantial teaching experience but who wish to gain a substantial postgraduate qualification early in their professional lives in the field of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
Graduates will be able to be employed as teaching professionals at private and state institutions, both in Cyprus and abroad, teaching English to non-native speakers of the language.
Access to Further Studies
The graduate programme will provide the basis for acceptance to a doctoral degree in TESOL or Applied Linguistics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring Language for TESOL
- Second Language Acquisition
- Language Teaching Methods and Course Design
- Language Skills and Materials Development
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Teaching Grammar
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching View 3 other Masters in Language Studies in Cyprus
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Teaching experience is not essential but preferred. Tutoring experience is helpful.
- Applicants with a lower grade or whose degree is on a related discipline will be considered on their own merits.
- Two academic reference letters.
- Personal Statement: A letter highlighting the applicant’s individual competencies and strengths and providing his/her reflections regarding the expectations and value of the programme as well as to his/her personal advancement and career development.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9240 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13860 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA6300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9450 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.