The Master in Legal Sciences at Pompeu Fabra University is also a general master's programme in law, featuring cross-disciplinary content from all major legal disciplines approached from a highly international comparative perspective.
The first objective is to enable students to acquire the necessary professional skills as to exercise the professions of lawyer or of solicitor (professional specialisation course type).
Secondly, this master's degree is also aimed at students who wish to gain more advanced academic training than that provided by a bachelor's degree qualification. This would be the case of students who wish to exercise the legal professions subject to specific access tests or that of professionals who need to extend their specialised knowledge.
Thirdly, this master's degree is also aimed at those students who aspire to do a doctorate and who wish to devote themselves to teaching and research.
Who is it for?
- Students seeking to pursue more advanced and specialized academic training than that provided by a bachelor's degree in a prestigious, international university environment.
- Legal professionals seeking to update their knowledge, explore a specific legal subject in depth, or supplement their training with a more general and international perspective.
- Students or professionals seeking to enrol on a doctoral programme and people seeking careers in teaching and research.
More informationVisit official programme website
- History of legal thinking
- Dogmatic of the charge of criminal responsibility: the legal theory of crime
- European Constitutionalism and Fundamental Rights
- International Foundations of Corporate Taxation
- Real estate business
- Constitutional Law and Globalization
- Global Law, Justice and Democracy
- Argumentation and techniques of legal interpretation
- Company law
- Right to Asylum
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLegal Studies Master of Laws (LLM)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official undergraduate degree/diploma (or a bachelor's degree, a degree in engineering or architecture, diplomas, technical engineering and technical architecture diplomas, or, for foreign qualifications, the equivalent qualification awarded by an accredited higher education institution). Qualifications can be in the following academic areas: social sciences and health sciences.
- Academic transcript of the accredited official training with the average grade at the university of origin.
- A letter of motivation in Spanish or Catalan, stating the candidate's interest in following the master's programme (400 to 600 words).
- Identity Card or Passport.
International5750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5750 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3420 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.