Economic and technological developments in the information and communications industry are strongly influenced by joint soft and hardware solutions and by system inter networking.
A wide range of standards and technologies has to be used to find optimum solutions. Therefore, a broad inter-disciplinary education is necessary to cope with future problems
The focus of the study program in Communication Systems and Networks at TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences) lies on the consolidation of the theoretical knowledge in combination with practical scientific work. Each module is supplemented by practical training courses.
The students have to conduct an individual R&D project in the framework of a university research project to improve their scientific capabilities. The Universities of Applied Sciences traditionally carry out R&D projects in cooperation with external companies.
Since the program is presented in English the number of international students enrolled in the program is significant.
- The objective of the Master's program is to provide interdisciplinary training and education for engineers, qualifying them to work in the industrial, economic or public sector.
- Graduates are well-equipped to work in fields such as communications and information technology and can help strengthen industrial as well as economic competitiveness.
- The program provides a solid scientific basis and teaches scientific and technological ways of thinking and working that are essential to the field of communications and information technology.
- Students' skills and knowledge gained at undergraduate level will be expanded and deepened and a broad theoretical basis will be laid. It is our goal to provide graduates with the opportunity to continue their academic career with a doctorate degree.
- Graduates have the ability to conduct scientific work independently.
- They are in a position to work independently in the industrial or economic sector or as academic or research staff in private or public research institutes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Channel Coding
- Digital Communications
- System Design
- Embedded Security
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
Winter semester upon request.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 16 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful applicants hold an undergraduate degree in a suitable scientific or technological field with a minimum of 210 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System). The minimum required grade is 2.3 (German grading system) or equivalent. The undergraduate degree is to provide the technical and specialist knowledge required to pursue the Master's program.
- If applicants do not meet all requirements stated above, they can only be admitted under the condition that they make up for missing prerequisites before registering for the Master's thesis. To do so, they are required to take certain courses at Bachelor's level.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- Semester fee: 276 EUR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.