What educational approach does our Master take?
Our Master in Computational Biomedical Engineering at Pompeu Fabra University clearly focuses on research projects. Each student will be hosted and mentored by one of the research groups. We will take the background and interests of the individual students into account when assigning the student to a certain research group.
The students will carry out their master thesis in their research group.
Beyond that they will be embedded in the daily activities of these groups such as:
- the participation in reading groups
- journal clubs
- regular interaction with junior researchers and supervisors.
The language of our master is 100% English.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Biosignal Analysis
- Computational Bioelectromagnetism
- Computational Cardiology
- Complexity Science
- Graduates in Biomedical Engineering.
- Graduates in other areas of engineering or basic sciences, with knowledge in programming and comparable to graduates in Biomedical Engineering (engineering in the fields of IT, Telecommunications, Telematics, Audiovisual Systems, Mechanics, Aerospace, Sound and Image, Electronics, Materials, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology), also graduates in Physics, Chemistry.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Computer Sciences View 26 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official undergraduate degree/diploma (a Bachelor's degree, a degree in engineering or architecture, technical engineering and technical architecture diplomas, or, in the case of a foreign degree, the equivalent qualification awarded by an accredited higher education institution). In addition, the official academic transcript with the average grade at the university of origin.
- Curriculum Vitae in English.
- A letter of motivation in English, stating the candidate's expectations and interest in participating in the master's programme (600 to 800 words).
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly by referees with a good knowledge of the candidate.
- Proof of English language (level B2)
- Identity Card or Passport.
International5750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5750 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3302 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3302 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.