Urban Design (with Thesis) from Eastern Mediterranean University aims to provide a high quality learning environment and an academic structure for research and development of ideas – a methodological framework which could inform and improve the decisions of practice.
Graduates of the Department of Architecture find opportunities for work in public or private institutions, or work as freelance architects. Some get into the type of work concerning a wide range of functions from designing shop-windows or fair stands, to more implementation oriented work in construction firms. Others take up post-graduate studies either at EMU and universities in Turkey, or other universities in Europe or the US and pursue academic work successfully.
- Master Thesis
- Urban Design Studio
- History and Theory of Urban Development and Design
- Advanced Research Methods
- Contemporary Issues in Urban Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications to the graduate programs at EMU can be made throughout the year, until one month prior to the beginning of each semester.
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning
- A Portfolio
- A curriculum vitae (CV),
- An official transcript of all university-level courses taken. A comparative mark/grade table if CGPA on the transcript is not out of 4.00.
- Attested photocopies of diplomas received from a university or equivalent institutions
- Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests.
- Three letters of reference
- Give details of any grant/scholarships that you have already been awarded
- Statement of Purpose / Intention
- A photocopy of your passport or I.D. card
- Two passport-sized (approx. 6 cm x 5 cm) photographs.
- Candidates are required to submit a document of financial guarantee showing that sufficient funds are available for tuition and living expenses.
International3262 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1631 USD per semester during 12 months.
National678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 339 USD per semester during 12 months.
Thesis registration fee (per semester): Turkish Students: 7.996 TL / International Students: $2.445
Living costs for Famagusta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.