The Physics (with Thesis) program at Eastern Mediterranean University is accordingly designed as flexibly as possible and thus to enable students to shape their studies as far as possible in accordance with their own specific interests. The Department of Physics has active General Relativity and Cosmology, Quantum Gravity, and Quantum Mechanics and Computing research groups, which produce significant numbers of important publications in peer-review physics journals every year. Recently, research activities in theoretical biophysics and liquid crystal physics have been initiated.
Inspired by our philosophy that the mission of education and its institutions is not bounded to train people for vocation, but also to displace and correct primitive notions with advanced ones. This would, in turn, enhance creativity and productivity of our graduates as they are engaged to real life.
Our MSc graduates may also serve as faculty members at universities, vocational schools and colleges and as research and development fellows in industrial laboratories and the like.
- Mathematical Methods in Physics
- Classical Mechanics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Quantum Mechanics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology
- Candidates for admission to the M.S. (542) Program are required to have completed a B.S. degree in Physics.
- It is also possible to be admitted to the M.S. program in those who have a bachelor's degree from different disciplines.
- However, those having inadequate physics background may need to take some deficiency courses.
- Program specific documents: Architecture (Ph.D. & Master): Portfolio.
- An official transcript of all university-level courses taken. A comparative mark/grade table if CGPA on the transcript is not out of 4.00.
- Attested photocopies of diplomas received from a university or equivalent institutions
- English and academic proficiency exams/tests.
- Three letters of reference
- Statement of Purpose / Intention
- A photocopy of your passport or I.D. card
- Two passport-sized (approx. 6 cm x 5 cm) photographs.
- Candidates are required to submit a document of financial guarantee showing that sufficient funds are available for tuition and living expenses.
International1553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1553 USD per year during 12 months.
National280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 280 USD per year during 12 months.
- TRNC Students: 2.403 TL
- Turkish Students: 4.383 TL
Living costs for Famagusta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.