The Mathematics (with Thesis) program at Eastern Mediterranean University is designed as flexible as possible, in order to enable students to shape their studies as far as possible in accordance with their own specific interests.
Research activities are conducted in collaboration with prominent universities and institutes in Turkey, Europe the rest of the world.
Graduates of the department may pursue employment opportunities as mathematics or IT teachers, or academicians. Banking, Finance and Economics sectors as well as government planning organization, stock market, airline companies, software companies and centers for informatics are further employment opportunities for our graduates.
- Mathematics Mathematical Analysis
- Differential Equations
- Approximation Theory
- Stochastic Processes
- Optimal Control
- Functional Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications to the graduate programs at EMU can be made throughout the year, until one month prior to the beginning of each semester.
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science Artificial Intelligence
- M.S. in Mathematics Candidates for admission to the M.S. Program are required to have completed a B.S. degree in Mathematics, and other relevant undergraduate programs.
- Candidates with insufficient background are required to take deficiency courses.
- An official transcript of all university-level courses taken. A comparative mark/grade table if CGPA on the transcript is not out of 4.00.
- Attested photocopies of diplomas received from a university or equivalent institutions
- Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests.
- Three letters of reference
- Give details of any grant/scholarships that you have already been awarded
- Statement of Purpose / Intention
- A photocopy of your passport or I.D. card
- Two passport-sized (approx. 6 cm x 5 cm) photographs.
- Candidates are required to submit a document of financial guarantee showing that sufficient funds are available for tuition and living expenses.
International3262 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1631 USD per semester during 12 months.
National678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 339 USD per semester during 12 months.
Thesis registration fee (per semester): Turkish Students: 7.996 TL / International Students: $2.445
Living costs for Famagusta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.