Nursing M.Sc. is a three-semester part-time programme at Semmelweis University based on a former bachelor degree in nursing. During their studies, students learn the planning of nursing in all areas of health care, the organisation of nursing work, teaching the basics of nursing and health care, organising nursing research, and supervising quality assurance in nursing care.
The previous members of the Department’s staff supported projects like the development of a nursing curriculum with the introduction of distance education methodology into nursing training programmes (in collaboration with Columbia University, School of Nursing (USA) in 1995-98 and a Hungarian-Canadian nursing programme for a methodology and model of prior learning assessment and recognition (PLAR) of nurse-candidates (Douglas College, Canada) in 1999-2000.
Primary Care, Specialized Care, Educational Institutions, Local Government, Media, Prevention, Insurance Company, Commercial Enterprises.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Health – Health Policy
- Scientific Research and Biostatistics
- Organization and Leadership Psychology
- Sociology of Organization
- International Comparison of Health Care Organizations
- Health Care and Quality Management
- Health Care Law – Labour Law
- Evidence Based Health Care
- Modern Epidemiology
- Health Care and Health Pedagogy
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Entrance examinations consist of an English test, a test in Biology, writing of a Motivation letter and an oral interview.
- The exams will be evaluated by the Faculty Board, and applicants will be notified about the results within three weeks.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.