Computer simulation has revolutionized the research tools of engineers and is nowadays, besides theory and experiments, essential to many scientists.
While the development of high performance computing (HPC) started many decades ago and has provided powerful computing capabilities, it has recently been recognized that integrating HPC to mathematical modeling, numerical algorithms and large scale data bases of observations will lead to a new paradigm in science and engineering.
Computational Science and Engineering graduates from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne gain an outstanding combination of computer simulation, modeling and applied mathematics techniques and enhance their knowledge in chosen application areas, enabling them to address tomorrow’s computational challenges in industry.
This Master’s program is also an ideal preparation for various PhD programs in basic sciences and engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced numerical analysis
- Computational physics
- Computer simulation of physical systems
- Dynamique moléculaire et simulations Monte Carlo
- Image processing
- Numerical analysis and computational mathematics
- Numerical integration of dynamical systems
- Parallel computing and pthreads
- Programming concepts in scientific computing
- Software Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 29 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Your resumé (curriculum vitae).
- Copy of your University degree(s), if already available.
- Complete transcripts from each university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose. See below for a detailed explanation.
- Your identity card or passport.
- Extra documents, such as TOEFL or GRE scores, research publications, or other portfolios of your previous work, are welcome but not compulsory.
International1316 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 658 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA1316 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 658 EUR per semester during 24 months.
CHF 730 per semester
Living costs for Lausanne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.