Computer simulation has revolutionized the research tools of engineers and is nowadays, besides theory and experiments, essential to many scientists.
While the development of high performance computing (HPC) started many decades ago and has provided powerful computing capabilities, it has recently been recognized that integrating HPC to mathematical modeling, numerical algorithms and large scale data bases of observations will lead to a new paradigm in science and engineering.
Computational Science and Engineering graduates from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne will gain an outstanding combination of computer simulation, modeling and applied mathematics techniques and enhance their knowledge in chosen application area, enabling them to address tomorrow’s computational challenges in industry. The Master in CSE is also an ideal preparation for various PhD programs in Basic Sciences and Engineering.
- Advanced numerical analysis
- Computational physics
- Computer simulation of physical systems
- Dynamique moléculaire et simulations Monte Carlo
- Image processing
- Numerical analysis and computational mathematics
- Numerical integration of dynamical systems
- Parallel computing and pthreads
- Programming concepts in scientific computing
- Software Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 18 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Switzerland
- Your resumé (curriculum vitae)
- Copy of your University degree(s) or Bachelor’s degree.
- Legalized transcripts from each university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation: The recommendation letters must be issued by professors who are well aware of your work and qualities. These recommendations are confidential and will only be accepted if they are received through the electronic application process.
- Your identity card or passport.
- For foreigners who already live in Switzerland: your residence permit.
- Extra documents such as TOEFL or GRE scores, research publications or other portfolios of your previous work, are welcome but not compulsory.
International1138 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 569 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1138 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 569 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- CHF 630 in tuition fee
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.