The Music, Improvisation Performance programme of the University of Gothenburg is a collaboration with the Rhythmic Music Conservatory in Copenhagen and the Norwegian Academy of Music in Oslo. To take advantage of the strengths and distinctive character of these different environments, you will study during the second and third semesters at the two sister schools, while the first and last semesters are spent at the Academy of Music and Drama in Gothenburg. Admission is based partly on an audition and partly on your written formulation of your preferred specialization. With a small number of students, there are good opportunities to customize the programme to suit your particular needs.
You will work both independently and in groups. At the Academy of Music and Drama, we strive to create a complete study environment where you are able to collaborate extensively with both the bachelor’s and the local master’s programmes in improvisation. Ongoing research in the field is also an important aspect. The programme is characterized by openness transcending genre boundaries and a close collaboration with the world music education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Main subject master improvisation/world music
- Master's seminar
- The Reflective Artist
- Elective course
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Liberal Arts View 27 other Masters in Music in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree of arts in music or equivalent, and musical knowledge and skills that are assessed at the admission test and are the basis for selection
- Applicants must prove their knowledge of English: English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS
- Submit your portfolio through SlideRoom
International23581 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 47163 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Full education cost: 478,000 SEK
- No fees are charged for EU and EEA citizens, Swedish residence permit holders and exchange students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.